Seaman Middle School Honor Society
Sponsors - Mrs. Donna Brooks and Mrs. Jill Becker
Summaries of chapter meetings will be posted on the SJHS Schoology page. Schoology will also be the primay source of communication with members and parents.
Current 8th grade SJHS Members need to complete at least 10 hours of volunteer service by April 10th. Documented forms need to be turned in by April 10, 2020, to complete their SJHS membership requirements.
1) Seventh grade students intially qualify for SJHS according to first semester GPA, which must be a 3.7 or above.
2) Students who meet the GPA requirement must also have two or fewer discipline points.
3) Students who meet the aforementioned qualifications are eligible to be nominated by staff. Staff are encourage to base their decisions on leadership qualities they observe.
4) Students nominated by staff may then apply for membership. E-mails are sent via Schoology to those students who are nominated, inviting them to obtain an application from Mrs. Brooks in Room 206. The application must be turned-in by the deadline for a candidate to be considered. Part of the application involves a rating sheet completed by classroom teachers. Students are scored in several areas, including, but not limited to, attendance, leadership qualities, academics and responsibility.
5) Completed applications are scored using a rubric. Students are selected for SJHS utilizing this scoring process.
6) Students who are selected for SJHS will receive an invitation to the induction ceremony in May.