SMS PTO/Site Council Meeting March 6, 2017
1. Night at the Pad 4-8 (need volunteers)
2. SMS Staff/Suicide Prevention Training/Annie Dederiech
3. March 31 SMS Dance 7:30-9:30 (cookies/pop donations)
4. April 6 & 7 State Assessments
5. April 10, 11 & 12 FBI Presentations 7th grade (April 12 for parents) FCLA to provide child care
6. April 12 & 13 Science Assessments
7. April 14 & 17 Snow Make-up Days (otherwise no school)
8. April 19 & 20 Math State Assessments
9. April 21 Krispie Kreme Fundraiser (leftovers to be sold at track meet that day)
10. All voted to approve funding for 4 Breakout Boxes
11. Provide money donation for SHS Afterglow
Site Council/PTO Agenda
Minutes of the Meeting February 7, 2017
Present at the meeting
1. Reviewed upcoming events
8th grade parent meeting February 8, SHS 7:00 P.M.
8th grade students will be enrolling February 15.
7th grade students will be enrolling March 3.
P//T Conferences Feb. 13 & 15.
No school February 17 & 20.
SEAF banquet February 22.
SMS play March 2 & 3 at 7:00 P.M.
Spring break March 17-24. March 17th PD
SMS Pad Night March 28, 4-8.
Spring dance March 31 7:30-9:30.
2. Student Showcase - discussed success/changes that could be made/concerns. (may sell water next time)
3. Curriculum Fair - PARS Presentation. Traci and Steve discussed and explained. Reviewed the Kansas Communities that Care survey data.
4. NAEP National Assessment of Educational Progress - 50 8th graders have been randomly selected to take the test.
5. 8th grade party. Need to start planning. Galenna to get Optimist building and DJ booked.
6. Next meeting March 6 at 5:30 P.M.