School Breakfast Information
Every breakfast is planned to include three food components: 1. Fruit* 2. Grains (with optional meat/meat alternates allowed) 3. Milk.
The food components for each breakfast will be posted at the beginning of each serving line. You are encouraged to take all the foods offered; however, you must take at least three items, one of which must be 1/2 cup of fruit*. Whether you take three items or more, the meal is the same price.
“Offer” allows you to choose three or more food items you would like to take to build a healthy reimbursable meal. One of those three food items must be 1/2 cup fruit*.
STEP 1: Choose 1/2 cup of fruit*.
STEP 2: Choose two or more of the following items:
- Grains (1 oz. equivalent) or optional meat/meat alternate (1 oz.)
- Milk (1 cup)
- Additional Fruit* Serving (1/2 cup)
Whole Grain Cereal (grains)
Whole Wheat Toast (grains)
Orange Juice (fruit)
You may take all five food items OR choose a combination of three or four items that includes 1/2 cup of fruit*.
- Grapes, Cereal, Toast
- Grapes, Toast, Milk
- Grapes, Orange Juice, Milk
- Grapes, Cereal, Toast, Orange Juice
- Orange Juice, Cereal, Toast
- Orange Juice, Milk, Toast
- Orange Juice, Cereal, Toast, Milk
- Orange Juice, Grapes, Cereal, Toast, Milk
The choice is up to you; just be sure to choose at least 1/2 cup of fruit* plus two other items. Check the menu daily so you will know which items in the school breakfast you want to eat.
School meals meet federal nutrition standards and give you the fuel you need to stay healthy and active.
* With optional approved vegetable substitutes allowed
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.