Meal Modification Information

Your student’s school will make meal modifications prescribed by a licensed medical authority that is authorized by Kansas state law to write medical prescriptions (MD, DO, PA, or APRN) to accommodate a disability. A prototype Medical Statement to Request School Meal Modification is below and can be used to request a meal modification.

IMPORTANT: For a student who does not have a disability, a request for meal modifications can be made and the school MAY choose to make substitutions. Any modification of this kind must meet the reimbursable meal pattern.